We found out for sure today that I have a missed miscarriage. I've been carrying around a deceased shrimpy (our nickname for the baby) for 3 weeks now and my body has yet to catch on. I saw my doc today, and when he walked in, I smiled. He looked puzzled. He asked if he read the ultrasound results right, because I shouldn't have a smile on my face based on the results. Truth is, I knew last Thursday when they originally told me my baby passed that things weren't going to change in a weeks time. I knew that this ultrasound would show the same results. I cried my little heart out last Thursday, and into the weekend. Today, I had no more tears to shed. I told my doc that I may be politely smiling, but I'm crying on the inside. This was my second miscarriage in six months. The second d&c procedure I'll have to endure. My arms are empty, my heart is full of tears.
The smile is a lie.. I'm not a happy camper.
1 comment:
I am crying with you.
Post a Comment