Friday, April 11, 2008

Is it my turn yet?

I always liked "my turn" growing up. I liked to take my turn being pushed on the swings by a grown-up. I remember excitedly waiting my turn to be next on the teeter-totter, or waiting my turn to ride in the front seat. I've always been so very patient when waiting my turn. I've always been so grateful when my turn came and went that I got a turn at all, especially being one of four children and the only girl at that. When my turn was over, I'd be excitedly waiting for my turn to come around again. So with all of my friends and family having children I silently wonder, is it my turn yet? I also wonder if I will ever get another turn? I'm patiently awaiting this answer after suffering the loss of my first born son, and two miscarriages since. Each time I've gotten a turn at being a mommy, I've relished it for however short a time it lasted. As I've stated before, I always liked "my turn." I'm hoping and now praying again that I'm given another one.

No comments: