Tuesday, November 18, 2008

get outta my head!!

I wish I could get all of these bad thoughts out of my head. Thoughts of all the bad things that could happen to my baby in my belly. It started tonight as I was listening to baby Kate's heart tones. Corey missed my doctors appointment yesterday and wanted to take a listen with me. As we were listening, her heart tones slowed for about 5 seconds and then went back up. It was enough to freak me out. Since then, I keep thinking maybe there's something wrong. Maybe she's caught up in her cord and that's why her heart rate dipped. Why else would it randomly dip like that?! She's been moving like crazy since then, but I can't seem to shake the anxiety and panic. I shouldn't have taken a listen tonight. There's nothing I can do anyways.. ya know?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through another and have been following your story. I haven't been through what you have but I did want to let you know that one thing I have learned from my own insecurities is that the baby's heartrate is supposed to fluctuate. My doctor says that it is okay to slow and speed up as long as it stays between 120-180 beats per minute. He says I should only get worried if her heartrate slows to like 50-60 and doesn't seem to come back up very fast. Just wanted to let you know from one paranoid mom to another, and I am praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Just gotta send some hugs to ya!! I can only imagine how tough a subsequent pregnancy is.. :(

Christa said...

I guess it depends on how low it went. Her heart rate should go up and down...variability is a good sign.

If it dipped more then normal, maybe baby Kate was grabbing on her cord and tugging on it : ) It's been known to happen.

Ya Chun said...

Has your doctor talked to you about starting nonstress tests and following the heart rate for 20 - 60 min? Maybe it's time for one, if only to keep you sane!!
I totally think you are within your rights to ask for one.

The Fabulous Ms. Beth said...

He talked about doing them, but not until much later. I'm still only 23 weeks..

Ya Chun said...

'only' 23 weeks. Fine time to get one if you feel like you really need it - don't let them put you off.

When do they test the progesterone in the cycle, or is it after you are pregnant? Are you still on it? *thanks* u can email me: aksvlpstl at yahoo