Sunday, November 16, 2008

--for your viewing pleasure--

I wrote an entire post tonight. I then deleted it. It sounded whiny, over-emotional, irrational and all around pissy. I feel like all I post on this blog is boring old woe-is-me crap. Tonight, I will not! Sure I've been a crabapple today but I will post something that made me smile this afternoon.
As my husband and I drove home from my in-laws today, it started to snow. It was snowing so hard that there was at least an inch of pretty white snow on the ground. We have a radio station that has already begun to play Christmas music so I turned it on. It's a week and a half before Thanksgiving and we played a few Christmas tunes because it just seemed an appropriate pairing with the newly fallen snow. It made me smile and a little bit giddy. I almost had an urge to put up my Christmas tree. I'm unsure why since Christmas memories of the last two years have been very sad for us.
I think that just maybe this little girl within is bringing us some early holiday joy this year and a renewed hope for the future.

5 comments:

Ya Chun said...

If you can't be 'over-emotional' here, then where can you be? Well, probably writing it out helped anyway...

Let it snow! Let yourself hope and love!

CLC said...

I found myself listening to Christmas music the other day too. But there was no snow here. Maybe it's that we are trained to think the holidays are a happy time. Maybe we will be happy this time. Who knows.

Anonymous said...

I agree with ya chun! :) I'm glad that you had a nice happy christmasy moment to write about though!

Jen said...

I feel all self-conscious now.

Am I whining, Beth?????? LOL

The Fabulous Ms. Beth said...

No Jen -- you're not whining! I'm the whiny one! I had to get out of my funk and write something positive after spending most of my day crying.. crying for no good reason..