According to my husband, I've been an angry basket-case all week. I deserve that.. Tonight it came to a head. He got home late from work and I lost my cool. I cried and told him that he doesn't love me anymore and that he stayed late at work so that he doesn't have to be around me. I yelled at him when he came home, and just laid into him about this, that and the other.. I was being really irrational and emotionally unstable.
Then he did something that surprised me.. He hugged me. He then proceeded to say "Bethy, I know you're just angry about Charlie's birthday coming up and him not being here so you're taking it out on me this week, and that's okay." I'm such a jerk. I've been so mean to my poor husband all week. I've been an emotional mess and have been too wrapped up in my own grief to pay attention to the fact that he's hurting too. I've neglected my husband this week by not making dinner, forcing him to scrounge up something for the both of us when he's not exactly "top chef".
I love my husband for loving such an angry basket-case. :) I'm glad he can see through my anger and irrationality to find what lies beneath.
6 comments:
awww Beth! Don't feel too bad.. I think all women do this sometimes! You've got TWO things against you.. 1. Your pregnant and horomones are crazy and
2. Charlies birthday
You are lucky to have a sweet hubby to let you take it out on him and be so understanding. Hugs to you both!!
you have a great hubby beth. thinking about you and sending love vibes your way.
what a wise and great hubby. Just let him take his turn. That's how it seems to roll in this house. Rarely are we both complete basket cases.
That brought tears to my eyes. Some of that goes on in our house too! You are lucky to have each other.
He sounds like a real sweetheart. Lucky you. Of course its hard at this time for all those reasons. Thinking of you. And wishing great things for you.
Can you please contact me about the stamp you made with your son's footprints... I would love to get one of my daughter's. I wanted a way to show my family she is being remembered this season.. thank you mrsjmward@yahoo.com
Post a Comment