Monday, March 10, 2008

To See, or not to See? That is the question..

I'm currently pregnant. I'm due November 5th. It's been scary for me since I'm a control freak and I have no control over this. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want an ultrasound to see that everything is okay, but at the same time I think I should wait until we can hear the heartbeat around 12 weeks because it would be an unnecessary ultrasound. I made an ultrasound appointment for 2 weeks from now, which would put me at 8 weeks 1 day. I'm going to cancel it after getting in a huge argument with my husband about it. He thinks it's an unnecessary intervention, and that I should just wait to hear the heartbeat when it's time. I keep going back and forth. Do I want one? Yes.... Do I need one? No.. If everything continues as it should, then I can just hear the heartbeat soon enough without having one. Corey's whole thing is that we had an ultrasound with Charlie during the 7th week.. the week the heart developed. Does that have anything to do with his defect? Probably not.. but he'd rather not risk it. I agree with him.. but I still REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see the baby so I can have peace of mind.

Sorry about the rambling.. if it doesn't make much sense that's because I'm insane. :)

3 comments:

Phoenix Rising said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! officially anyway!

i had an ultrasound with this baby around 10 weeks...i couldn't wait...so i know you're excitement. it was comforting to me to see that little heart pumping away, but to be honest, the comfort level left as soon as the ultrasound was done. the thing i've learned in the pregnancy is no matter how much 'good' news you get, there's always that doubt in your mind. and i don't say this to scare you, i think you'll figure it out shortly...

steve continues to hold onto Jorai through this baby too. he's stuck on the boy name we had originally chosen for Jorai as a way, i think, to hold onto her memory...and there's tests and things we got with Jorai that he doesn't want me to get this time around. sounds like corey may do some of the same things.

count each day as a blessing. the first trimester was the roughest for me. i knew i was pregnant, but i was constantly scared and worried...but once i hit the second trimester and then felt movement, i felt like it was a completely different pregnancy. be patient and pray for a spirit of calm to envelop you.

i'm so excited for you and corey!! so very excited!! the 3 of you are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you two! We will keep you in our thoughts:) We love and miss you two so much.

Lynnbobscrap said...

Oops! The anon comment is mine. I got so excited, i forgot to log on first!