Sunday, March 16, 2008

rehashing old feelings.. finding new ones

This time last year, I remember walking through the mall and seeing the Easter bunny at his post. I remember seeing new parents putting their babies on the easter bunny's lap. Babies dressed in their easter outfits and frilly dresses. I remember walking past baby gap and looking at the new parents buying easter outfits; the cute pastel colored vests with little corduroy pants. I remember feeling jealous and angry. I remember feeling sadness, and wondering if I'd ever be that parent buying an easter outfit.

This time this year, I see a tiny glimmer of hope that maybe next year I'll be shopping for an Easter outfit for somebody. Whether or not it's a frilly dress, or corduroy pants, I have no preference. As long as the little person I'd be dressing is healthy and happy that's all I care about.

No comments: