We drove home in an ice storm from my in-laws tonight. There were accidents everywhere. One of the accidents we passed looked to be fatal judging by the amount of cops and firefighters there. We were supposed to stay overnight again there tonight, but decided to drive home. Why in the world would we put ourselves and our baby in harms way to drive home from my in-laws? Because they choose to watch our nephew who is suffering from the flu at the moment. My mother-in-law asked me earlier today if I thought it would be okay if they went to pick him up despite the fact that he'd spent all night and into the morning throwing up with a fever. I told her no way would I be stepping foot in the house if he were there. I do not feel like getting the flu right before Christmas and the potential problems that go with it. She choose to go get him anyways. When we found this out, I sent my husband in their house to gather our things. I was not exposing myself or my unborn baby to the flu. When someone has a fever of 104 and has been throwing up, why would you want to be around that if you didn't have to be? Why in the world would his mother choose to go out to the bars and leave him with my mother-in-law and father-in-law? Especially since my father-in-law is on immuno-suppressant drugs due to his kidney transplant which makes him very susceptible to illness. I was so incredibly mad at her choice. She knew by picking him up that we'd have to leave. The kicker is that they begged us to stay because the roads were so bad. Corey told them where we stood on the issue and that they had made their choice when they went to pick him up. The whole thing made my blood boil.
I'm just glad we're home safe.
6 comments:
Glad you are home safe. And my blood would be boiling too. I suppose she has her reasons for picking the boy up, but it seems like a questionable choice from afar.
Wow, that is terrible! Why would she even ask you if she was just going to get him anyway? Did she think you'd say, SURE!! i can't wait to get the flu.. while PREGNANT! I'm glad you guys got home safe! :)
I'd be livid as well. I'm glad you guys made it home safely. I feel sorry for your little nephew though and FIL though. I'm sure the bar was worth it of course.
My hubby says I was too sensitive about the situation. He's probably right. :)
I do understand where my mother-in-law is coming from too.. she would give her right arm for her grandchildren, sick or not..
His mom went to the bar? Poor little guy!
And yes- that B & B was in Saginaw. You must live in Michigan? I'm a half hour from Birch Run and Frankenmuth. (Which is why I am a compulsive shopper! LOL)
Holli
(Brenna's Mom)
Small world!!!!
Holli
Post a Comment