Monday, August 18, 2008
heart pounding moments in the middle of the night..
Last night I had a TON of nightmares, but that wasn't the only thing that kept me awake half the night with my heart pounding. We went to bed around midnight, and I couldn't seem to put the thoughts swimming around in my head to sleep. I tried listing in my head the things that made me happy, like babies, butterflies, rainbows and orange sherbet to see if that would put me to sleep. It didn't work. Finally I must have drifted off into a restless sleep. I had some nightmares which consisted of... well... twisted things I'd rather no go into. Around 2:30 in the morning, I awoke suddenly from my sleep to a "BANG". I certainly was startled, and thought for a second that maybe I dreamt it until C sat up and said, "what was that?" So I said, "you heard that?" and he said "yeah." Now my heart was really pounding. I was scared to go investigate, and thought C should be the one to go see what it was. He was already back to sleep, obviously not concerned with the loud bang that woke us both up out of a "sound" sleep. I waited 15 minutes before I got up to make sure I didn't hear anything else that could be considered ominous. I probably would have went back to sleep if I didn't have to use the bathroom. I opened the bedroom door, and there was fat black cat. She had heard the bang and was trying to get in our room to see what was happening. After going to the bathroom, and seeing no obvious cause for the bang throughout the house, I settled back into an uneasy rest. After waking a few more times throughout the night, I finally gave up and got up. When the sun came up, C found the cause of the loud crash. It was my makeup bag taking a spontaneous leap off of our dresser onto the floor spilling everywhere. No wonder the cat wanted in our room. The source of the bang must have woken her up and she was coming to investigate. Smart kitty. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
would you be interested in borrowing my hypnobabies cd's? the daily affirmations, as cookey as they are, seemed to really help ease my worry and the hypnosis helped as well. i'm not sure if they would have helped in labor, seeing i went so fast, but it really did help calm my nerves. if you're interested, let me know and i'll throw them in the mail for you.
Post a Comment