We took Katie to the cemetery Saturday to visit Charlie's grave. I thought I'd be able to keep it together, but I cried so hard. My heart broke as I was kneeling down in front of my son's grave, placing tulips there for Easter.
I wanted him here on earth with us.. not watching over us as we cry at his graveside.
6 comments:
Aww, Beth, how hard that must have been. Just think how beautiful it is that you can share Charlie with Katie, and that she will always know about her older brother. Many hugs to you.
So, so hard. I'm sorry.
xo
oh gosh. I can't imagine how tough must've been Beth.
I imagine that moment...bringing my living child to see the children who are not living. I'm so glad you shared Charlie with her though. He lives through you.
Oh Beth. That moment when our living children visit with their lost sibling ... after losing Emma, the first trip to her graveside with children was one of the hardest things I've done.
Tulips are Emma's flower - I always try to take her tulips :)
I wish you gentle days as you adjust to being a mother of two.
I did the same on Sunday. It's surreal, in a nightmare sort of way, isn't it? I just wonder how this whole older sibling who's not here thing is going to affect Denis in the long run.
Post a Comment