As my hubby, Kate and I sat here and listened to the Radiohead lullaby CD I broke down and cried. We purchased the CD when I was pregnant with Charlie. We listened to it together before he was born all the while daydreaming about what it would be like to rock him to sleep each night while listening to it. As my husband sat in the rocker and held his sleeping daughter, I couldn't help but to weep tears of joy and sadness. Joy because our beautiful daughter is here safe and sound, but sad because we never got this moment with Charlie. This CD was meant for him and now he's sharing it with his baby sister. It's amazing how grief can sneak up on you in the moments that are supposed to be the happiest. I'm sure as Katie grows, I'll experience more moments like this.
I will always miss him..
2 comments:
Yes, you will always miss him, and I'm sorry for that. :(
Give that little girl of yours an extra squeeze tonight.
been there and still go there. though it's been 'easier' lately. i feel like i can share Jorai with Asher more now and that feels nice. i still miss her, but i get to share her with her little brother and there's healing in that. i still wish she was here and I see her in his room...her room, playing with his toys...her toys, listening to his music...her music.
thinking of you and sending you bug hugs.
Post a Comment