So I went to the hospital last night -- and the doctor wanted to "talk".. I have an unfavorable cervix which makes a VBAC induction not a good idea. It can lead to uterine rupture, etc. So the decision made was to put the baby on the monitor overnight and re-evaluate the fluid situation in the morning. This morning, the fluid levels were still borderline, but a little higher than yesterday so I was sent home. I cried.. and cried and cried.. Now I wait until monday to get another ultrasound in the office to make sure Kate's still okay. I could always opt for a c-section at any time, but am still holding out for a vaginal birth. :(
Yuck..
5 comments:
I'm sorry for the complications!! I will keep hoping for the safe arrival of your little one.
Ugh, I am so sorry. I would have cried too. I hope the weekend flies for you.
I had a uterine rupture and I would do whatever the doctor says to avoid it. I know that's easier said than done, but the most important thing is that she gets here and you both are safe.
Ugh. So sorry Beth. I know you wanted a VBAC so bad...and I know, and will pray for it to still happen...but just remember the end game, holding that perfect, beautiful baby girl. In the end, that's the only thing that matters. You're in my prayers and thoughts.
Awww, Beth! How disappointing. I would've cried, too. Praying for safety for all of you. Muah!
Post a Comment