Thursday, January 1, 2009

not what I envisioned..

2009 didn't start off with the bang I was hoping for. In fact, it started out quite crappily on my part. My DH got quite drunk at the party we attended and acted like an obnoxious ass. I drove him home around 12:30 and on the thirty minute drive he kept rolling the windows up and down because he felt pukey. Did I mention it was only 8 degrees outside? So I was freezing, and DH kept spitting out the window in order to keep himself from barfing all over our car. We got home and he immediately went to our bedroom, took all the blankets off the bed, and laid down on the floor in front of the box fan. No "goodnight", nadda.. just passing out. Needless to say I started crying because I was sooo pissed off. So I found a blanket and crawled into bed, alone. What a way to start out 2009. OH-- and this morning was awesome too. My mother called at a 8:00 a.m. to say "my computer is broke, is your DH awake so he can walk me through how to fix it?" A) I am NOT a morning person and can't fathom why someone would be calling me at 8:00 a.m. and B) Would she really expect my DH to be up at 8:00 a.m. when she knew we were out at a social event the night before?
Fat chance mom -- DH wasn't mobile, and I'm really unsure if he's even alive. I should probably go poke him with a stick to see if he moves?
If last night and this morning are any indicators about how the year 2009 will be, then I'm in big trouble.

3 comments:

Christa said...

You should have woken him up at 8am when your mother called...he would have deserved it!
Sorry your night was so crappy!

CLC said...

Oy vey, I would milk this for all it's worth. Sorry it sucked so bad.

Jen said...

I am late reading this, but... ugh!! That's all I gotta say about that!