Tuesday, June 17, 2008

my husbands second father's day.

On Sunday, my dear husband got to spend his second father's day as a father. He's a different kind of father -- a father to an angel. My heart broke over and over as he struggled through the day. No tears would come to his eyes, but he was crying on the inside. He told me he wished he could cry, he wished he could express the sadness within --- but the tears wouldn't come.
Have we shed too many tears in the past year and a half that they have finally dried up?
I don't think that's the case. I'm sure in the right situation such as hearing a sad song, or going into Charlie's empty room alone that his sadness would have caught up with him. I love my husband, and couldn't think of a better father for my Charlie. I thank God every day for Charlie and for Corey for both have given me an unspeakable amount of strength and pride. I'm proud of my husband for being the best daddy he can be to his only child, and proud of my son for coming into this world and bringing us such love and joy.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Steve Newman said...

i think that papa's of angel babies are wonderful! give him a big hug from steve and i! happy fathers day corey!! your in our thoughts...i know these days can be hard.

Steve Newman said...

ohh...that was kim by the way. i forgot to log steven out! oops!

Clarissa said...

I know your dear angel sent you down big papa hugs for father's day, corey.