I normally don't hug people I don't know, but today I hugged a stranger. I was shopping at babies r' us today with baby Kate for some items for a dear friends baby shower. I was in the bedding aisle, and a nice woman commented on how adorable baby Kate was. I thanked her, and said "it's been quite a journey to get baby Kate here." She looked puzzled and asked what I meant by that. I gave her the shortened version of our journey -- trying to conceive Charlie, having Charlie, losing Charlie, and then 2 miscarriages, adoption process while trying to conceive, and then our surprise of baby Kate. Oh what a journey its been! Then she let me into her world a bit. She had been trying to have a baby for years, and has been doing fertility treatments. She was shopping around a bit at the babies r' us because she had gotten her first positive pregnancy test after many years of trying. She said she was waiting for the results from her reproductive endocrinologist and her first ultrasound before she will actually buy anything but thought it would be fun to shop around a bit. That's when I hugged her and she hugged me back. I felt a deep connection to this lady because I knew what it was like to wait. I remember what it was like to be cautiously excited too. :)
I will pray for her tonight that her baby or babies stick.
2 comments:
I hope so too.
Sometimes strangers understand better than anyone else.
That gave me the warm fuzzies!
Post a Comment