There have been many things weighing heavy on my mind as of late.
My heart is heavy for my friend Kim who is mourning the loss of her baby girl. I am wondering why things like that happen to such wonderful people. It's just not fair. Not at all....
Speaking of things that aren't fair.. I found out Christmas-eve that my brother is expecting a second child with my nephew's babymama. Why the mixed emotions? Because they've had an off and on relationship over the past few years, and don't even get along 99% of the time. Apparently they got along well enough last month to make another baby. Now she's going to continue to live with her parents and collect welfare and my brother's going to have another dent taken out of his paycheck for child support that he won't be able to afford. Maybe this child will have his last name since his first does not -- even though a paternity test deemed him the father. Yeah, it's like that..
I know so many people who are trying to have children; yearning each and every day to hold a wee babe in their arms. How is it fair that my brother can have two "oops" babies in such a messed up situation when there are loving committed people out there waiting for the stork to deliver a bundle of joy to them?
Another thing that has saddened me today was that another dear friend of mine is also dealing with a tragic situation. I found out today that my friend's husband slipped on the ice a few days ago while getting the mail and sustained a fatal skull fracture. She is one of the sweetest and most generous people I know and it pains me to know she is going through such a tragic time. She was there for me during my pregnancy with Kate, and was here for 2 weeks straight after Katie's birth to help me sort through so many feelings postpartum. She also provided me with fantastic breastfeeding support and helped me to feel like a more confident mama. She held me as I cried and wiped away my tears during such a tumultuous time for me.
So many things happening right now.... so many things running through my head..
3 comments:
wow, that's a lot to deal with.
I hope you can find a way to be there for your friend in the way that she needs. I wouldn't know what to do, just be there I suppose.
((Hugs))
It seems that all the good people are being picked on these days... :(
I am so sorry for your friend's husband. What an awful accident.
Post a Comment