Today and tomorrow will be emotional for me and my hubby, but we get through it by telling our sweet baby Kate about her big brother. Sharing Charlie's life with her makes it easier for us, since our family and friends have heard his story more times than they can probably count and it's all new to her. :) We made a book after Charlie passed away. It's a book about his life. We made it so we could share his story with his future siblings.
I'm posting some photos of Katie reading her brother's book.
She likes looking at the pictures -- and I'm sure some day she'll truly understand the story behind the pictures.



5 comments:
so sweet.. sendimg warm thoughts and lots of hugs your way.
Thinking of you and Charlie. That book is such a beautiful idea. We've been saying we want to start showing Toodle pictures of the Doodles and telling him about them. Where did you make the book?
I made the book at shutterfly.com --
After I made the book I showed my parents/inlaws and some of my extended family and they all wanted one. :) It turned out really well, and it's neat to be able to have something that tells his story.
What a wonderful idea! Prayers for strength for you and your family today, and for peace and happiness everyday. You have lucky kids to have such a caring and loving Mom.
Thinking of you and Charlie! And Kate looks like she really is looking at the pix! How sweet!
Post a Comment