Thursday, November 5, 2009

... no words to explain this one ..

November is the month Corey and I find to be intolerable. We know what happens at the end of this month, and the time leading up to it is a sad one for us. Last night I rocked my sweet little Katie to sleep in the recliner. I decided to hold her a while before putting her to bed. She had been asleep for about 45 minutes when Corey and started having a conversation about our sweet Charlie. I asked Corey if there was one thing we could teach Katie about her big brother, what would it be. He replied "everything." At that very moment, Katie sat straight up from her reclining position in my arms, opened her eyes and smiled at Corey. She held his gaze for a moment and then laid back down in my arms and drifted back to sleep with a smile on her face.
I have no words to explain why or how or what had happened, we only know that at that very moment we felt Charlie's presence.

3 comments: