..what kind of things come out of people's mouths. A person who shall remain anonymous called me last night with a question about purchasing some land. I politely declined, stating that we needed the money to move forward with our adoption. They seemed perplexed, and asked "what do you mean, you're adopting --- why would you adopt"? That question was followed by, "aren't you going to keep trying to have your OWN baby"?
First off.. who asks that? Especially with the insinuation that adopting a child wouldn't make that child my own? Secondly.. if we decided to adopt instead of continuing trying to conceive, aren't we entitled to that? Haven't we gone through enough to make that sort of decision? We lost a newborn 3 days after he was born to a heart defect, as well as 2 others through miscarriage in the last year and a half. If we decided enough is enough in the trying to conceive department and adoption was the route we would go, then I would hope people would be more sensitive to our decision.
If by the off chance we did conceive a child, and were able to carry that child to term, and that child was healthy.. I'd STILL adopt. So there. :)
6 comments:
People don't think, do they?
I can't remember if Ive talked to you about the kidney problems Ive been having, but one persons response to that was "well, at lest you can have a transplant"
Gee...that thought makes me feel so much better.
all we can do is ignore it when people say stuff without thinking, ya know?
You go girl. I somtimes think there are more idiots on this earth than we know what to do with. I have the same problem with people commenting about my children and I actually finally had it the other day and told the person off, it felt great.
Angie
i think some people are just ignorant, social inept and clueless. i've always wondered what makes people think they have any right to question someone else's decisions... it amazes me what people say some times!
so sorry you had, yet another, ignorant person encounter. i know it gets harder and harder, but just try to blow it off...you're an amazing mom and will continue to be with an adoptive child...and you're right, that child will be your own! never allow anyone to make you believe anything else! whether you pushed that baby outta your body or God place a child in your arms and heart, that child is yours!
what the f!ck?!@*&@#(*&@(*
I swear, some ppl really don't deserve a mouth to speak with.
I have two live children, one I gave birth to and one I didn't. I promise you, s/he will be your own child.
Post a Comment