Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Charlie would have been 4 years old today. We will celebrate by baking him a cake. We also did our annual toy drop to the Children's Hospital of Michigan. My entire van was full of toys to deliver to the children who will be there over the holidays. Its tradition for us to do this. :)
My second cousin's wife gave birth today. Their baby girl was born with a rare condition called vein of galen malformation. She will require brain surgery in the next few days to correct the problem. I'm terrified for them. It's all so similar to what happened to Charlie and I pray that their outcome is different than ours. I'm trying to keep busy today so I don't cry. It hasn't worked so far. :) I know how everyone says I should "focus on the two little girls you have here" but they aren't replacements.. Just because we went on to have more children doesn't mean that Charlie was "erased" and never happened. He was our first. We love him dearly and always will. We share his memory with his sisters today and will read the book we made for them with Charlie's story in it.
Happy Birthday sweet boy.. you are missed.

3 comments:

Ya Chun said...

Happy Birthday Charlie, wherever you are.

And peace to you and your family.

And healing vibes to your cousin.

CLC said...

Thinking of your Charlie! He is missed!

Shannon Ryan said...

I do think that people like us tend to be more grateful for the babies we hold in our arms because of the ones in our hearts.. but only we, who've experienced such a great loss can truly know that the baby that isn't with us is NEVER forgotten.. no matter how much we cherish the littles ones who are still here.