Monday, July 12, 2010
what might have been..
This past weekend we spent some time with family and friends. There were two boys, my nephew (age 4) and a family friend's son (age 3 1/2). They're both around the age Charlie would be... My nephew wanted nothing to do with Kate. He really isn't fond of the attention Kate gets from everyone so he acts out around her. He tries to push her away, and spits at her when she gives him hugs and kisses. It's sad, really.. but it is what it is.. The other little boy has a younger sister (who wasn't present at this particular function) and is used to sharing the spotlight. Kate kept giving this little boy lots of hugs and kisses, and he hugged her back. He was protective of her and was leading her around by the hand and keeping her out of trouble. It was quite adorable, really. It really made me wonder, what would it have been like if Charlie were here? Would he be an adorable little boy leading his sister around by the hand, or would he not want to share the spotlight? Would he love the hugs and kisses that Kate had to offer or simply wipe them off his face and run away. I would like to think he'd be as sweet as his sister is.. Oh what might have been..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So many what could have been thoughts.. <3 I think Charlie would be equally as sweet as his baby sister!!
I think a lot about that too. Asher is so sweet to babies...usually, so I wonder what he would act if Jorai and Selah were still here...would he look up to Jorai and dote on Selah and would Jorai and Selah be as affectionate as Asher. It's bittersweet to think about too...sometimes it's nice to have something to think about with the girls...sometimes it just brings sadness. I'm right there with ya!
I can't even imagine myself with a toddler
Post a Comment