I need a boost. I'm EXHAUSTED and discouraged. I have a teething toddler with a cold who hasn't slept more than an hour at a time for the last couple of weeks. I feel very fortunate to have this toddler of course, but wowzas nobody warned me that sleepless nights extend into the toddler years. :)
I cried last night as I held my crying little girl. I cried because I have no clue how I'm going to do it with two little ones, if this little girl cooking in my belly makes it home with us. I know I can do it, because I will have no choice.. but when it's 3 a.m. and Katie's been crying with no end in sight and I'm crying along with her all I can think is "I can't do this... how am I possibly going to do this with two?" and "what have I done?"
I feel like the most ungrateful person in the world when I think these thoughts, especially after all we've been through to become parents in the first place. I beat myself up for these thoughts as I know others would kill to be in my situation. I'm grateful for my children, and I know I will look back on these sleepless nights and laugh someday. I know they grow up way too fast and this is only temporary but when I'm living in the moment and am exhausted and sick myself it's hard to look ahead to the future.
That's all I have for now --
2 comments:
well...if it makes you feel any better...I feel the same way. Asher's been really trying lately. And I've lost it on more than one occasion, which of course makes me feel horrible. Just today I was thinking the same question you're asking yourself. How are I going to do this?
Mothering is hard. I think especially for stay at home moms. It's never ending and tiring and trying. It'll be hard. But I just keep thinking about the later years...when they're 4,5,6...it WILL get easier...or at least different. We'll be OK. I know it. We may be frazzled and a bit insane...but we'll be OK! :-)
My little ones are 15 months apart -- the toddler is 17 months old and and baby is 2 months old. And, honestly, it hasn't been nearly as difficult as I feared. Hang in there.
Post a Comment